Blog Tour Feature: We Are the Wildcats by Siobhan Vivian
We Are the Wildcats by Siobhan Vivian is releasing this Tuesday, March 31st and we are thrilled to be a part of the blog tour. Check out all the book information and our reasons to read We Are the Wildcats!
Many thanks to Simon Teen for the advance copy which in no way influences our thoughts below.
We Are the Wildcatsby Siobhan Vivian
on March 31, 2020
Genres: Young Adult, Contemporary
A toxic coach finds himself outplayed by the high school girls on his team in this deeply suspenseful novel, which unspools over twenty-four hours through six diverse perspectives.
Tomorrow, the Wildcat varsity field hockey squad will play the first game of their new season. But at tonight’s team sleepover, the girls are all about forging the bonds of trust, loyalty, and friendship necessary to win.
Everything hinges on the midnight initiation ceremony—a beloved tradition and the only facet of being a Wildcat that the girls control. Until now.
Coach—a handsome former college player revered and feared in equal measure—changes the plan and spins his team on a new adventure. One where they take a rival team’s mascot for a joyride, crash a party in their pajamas, break into the high school for the perfect picture.
But as the girls slip out of their comfort zone, so do some long-held secrets. And just how far they’re willing to go for their team takes them all—especially Coach—by surprise.
A testament to the strength and resilience of modern teenage girls, We Are the Wildcats will have readers cheering.
5 Reasons to Read
- Siobhan is a master at developing girls who take charge and We Are the Wildcats is no exception.
- A female initiation ceremony. How often do we get to see that, and in a way that isn’t meant to shame or demean?
- I love books that take place in a single day, and this one is told from multiple POVs. Double YES from me.
- It’s a sports book! I seem to be reading allll of the female sports books this year (see: Break the Fall and Throw Like a Girl). Field hockey? Where was such a cool sport when I was in school?
- At heart, this is a story of friendship. Of bonding. Coming together and support each other no matter what. We can all use a little of that right now.
Bonus – I neeeeeeeeeed that illustrated cover on my shelves! I love the sass!