Feature: Mental Health Awareness Month ft. Anything but Okay by Sarah Darer Littman
All this month, we are featuring mental health topics and book recs in partnership with Scholastic (thank you for focusing on it every year!). Today we are here with a variety of media that helps destigmatize help seeking behaviors every day. Kicking off the list is Anything but Okay by Sarah Darer Littman, which address PTSD, stigma, and bullying. Check out our recs below and help destigmatize by support media featuring mental health in an appropriate and authentic manner!
Media Recs Featuring Mental Health Topics
- A Beautiful Mind
- Silver Linings Playbook (bonus, it’s also a book!)
- Inside Out
- Audrie & Daisy (Netflix exclusive)
- Angst (shown in select areas by invitation)
- This is Us
- BoJack Horseman
- Crazy Ex-Girlfriend
I decided to focus on books I’ve read more recently but there are many more fabulous reads out there!
- How It Feels to Float by Helena Fox
- (Don’t) Call Me Crazy edt by Kelly Jensen
- A Heart in a Body in the World by Deb Caletii
- Darius the Great is Not Okay by Adib Khorram
- The Fallen Isles triology by Jodi Meadows
- Shaun David Hutchinson’s entire catalog (read ALL OF THEM)
Check out the playlist below for a variety of picks!
What would you add to this list?