Round 2 of Otaku-a-thon is here! Otaku-a-thon celebrates manga and anime, which is perfectly timed as I just got back from Fanime! Check out the description below and my picks!
The time has finally come, friends, to announce a fun collaboration that Kristin & Alexa have had in the works for some time now! We’re pleased and excited to present OtakuAThon, a four day-event that we’re hosting starting June 7, 2019. Our intention was to carve out dedicated time in order to indulge in our deep love of manga and anime, and to celebrate with fellow manga and anime fans, so we definitely hope you’ll be joining in. (You can use the hashtag #OtakuAThon to chat about the event, ask questions, give recommendations or talk about other things. There’s also going to be an Instagram challenge coming around the week of the event!
My Picks & Last Round Wrap-Up:
Since last round, I’ve gained a Funimation subscription and have watched several anime! Because it’s my birthday and triathlon weekend (plus I am polishing my BodyFlow and SPRINT choreography), I am keeping my list light.
Kiss Him, Not Me
I started this anime earlier this week and am obsessed.
My Hero Academia, Vol. 19
I knew this was going to be on my list since the last Otaku-A-Thon since the new volume released this week!
My Hero Academia (FCBD Edition)
I am so excited to see manga as part of Free Comic Book Day – and even more excited to see My Hero Academia in American comic format (the art is so big!).
If I have time, I’ll also finish up Vigilantes (carry-over goal from last round!).
1. Most recently acquired & 2. Catch up on a series you’re behind on – My Hero Academia Vigilantes (loved vol 1 and need to catch up!) – Failed
3. Adaptation of a manga/anime you loved & Revisit an old favorite – Sailor Moon (the edition I bought is just beautiful!) – Failed
5. Start a new series & 6. Recommended to you – Eyeshield 21 (this series came recc’d to me after I caught up on My Hero Academia) – Failed
7. Read another series by an author you’ve read before – Full Metal Alchemist (fan of the original show!) – Failed
8. Genre of choice – shōnen (My Hero Academia vol 17) – Complete!
I also finished Cyborg 009! The ending was so good!