Book Rewind Audiobook Review & Giveaway: When Summer Ends by Jessica Pennington
Jessica Pennington has become a staple on my shelves. I was drawn to her because Love Songs and Other Lies features music (plus, her adorable guitar pick incentive) and fell even further for her words with When Summer Ends. To say I am excited for Meet Me at Midnight is an understatement. Check out why I loved When Summer Ends below and enter to win a copy of Meet Me at Midnight below.
Thank you to Jessica for sending a giveaway copy!
When Summer Endsby Jessica Pennington
Published by: Tor Teen
on April 9, 2019
IndieBound, Audiobook through LibroFM
Aiden Emerson is an all-star pitcher and the all-around golden boy of Riverton. Or at least he was, before he quit the team the last day of junior year without any explanation. How could he tell people he's losing his vision at seventeen?
Straight-laced Olivia thought she had life all figured out. But when her dream internship falls apart, her estranged mother comes back into her life, and her long-time boyfriend ghosts her right before summer break, she's starting to think fate has a weird sense of humor.
Each struggling to find a new direction, Aiden and Olivia decide to live summer by chance. Every fleeting adventure and stolen kiss is as fragile as a coin flip in this heartfelt journey to love and self-discovery from the author of Love Songs & Other Lies.
Jessica Pennington’s books are full of feels and depth and just total swoon. I loved When Summer Ends because…
- Dual POV. I love that we get the story through Aiden and Olivia.
- Summer romance. What is it about slow burn summer romances that make them so fun?
- River Depot. Jessica’s worldbuilding for this charming community is so fun, and added to with her postcard preorder gift!
- Feels feels and more feels. Not just about the romance, either. There were family dynamics and concerns about passions and just overall small angsty moments.
- Completely drawn in. I did not want to leave these characters!
- Narrators that bring both MCs to life!
Win an ARC of Jessica’s upcoming book, Meet Me at Midnight!a Rafflecopter giveaway