Feature: ARC August Wrap-Up
Well I made a 6 book goal list…and I should have known it would never happen. One year I will say look I am going to read a few ARCs for #ARCAugust, and then maybe I will read like 10 books! I swear my brain does this thing, if I have a deadline or make a goal, I just can’t accomplish it. I can’t participate in readalongs, or buddy read. I just can’t. What is wrong with me?
ANYWAYS, here was my lofty goal TBR:
- Infinity Son by Adam Silvera
- Crown of Oblivion by Julie Eshbaugh
- Wicked Fox by Kat Cho
- Reverie by Ryan La Sala
- Rage by Cora Carmack
- Hello Girls by Brittany Cavallaro & Emily Henry
I read 2 of these. TWO dammit. I read Wicked Fox and Rage. They were both freaking excellent. I haven’t written my reviews for either of them yet as well. I need a swift kick in the ass.
I know I also need to give myself a break because I was really sick in August and even spent 4 days in the hospital. When I was in the hospital I tried to read so desperately. I tried audiobooks, I tried graphic novels, I tried single issue comics…I COULDN’T READ A SINGLE PAGE. I blame the morphine.
While it wasn’t on my TBR goals, I also read Frankly In Love by David Yoon. I technically finished it on September 2nd, but who is keeping track? Not me.
So yeah, I did get some reading accomplished in August, just not all the ARCs I wanted to read. I read a total of 10 books or 11 if I count Frankly In Love, since I started it in August, I am going to keep adding it in my totals. LOL
Did you have a good reading month? I think 10 books a month is my average but losing a whole week seemed worse until I put the numbers on paper. But of course I didn’t read what I should have!
Christy’s ARC August
I somehow forgot to put my list in our last post? Guess that tells you how my August went LOL. I read 26 books in August and 11 of them were ARCs! Pretty good, I’ll say. It was also Thriller-A-Thon so you can see I read quiet a few thrillers at the end of the month.
- Switchback by Danika Stone
- The Revolution of Birdie Randolph by Brandy Colbert
- Don’t Say a Word by Amber Lynn Natusch
- Thirteen by Steve Cavanaugh
- Wilder Girls by Rory Power
- The Patron Saints of Nothing by Randy Ribay
- The Quiet You Carry by Nikki Barthelmess
- Death Prefers Blondes by Caleb Roehrig
- When She Reigns by Jodi Meadows
- Queen of Ruin by Tracy Banghart
- Swipe Right for Murder by Derek Milman