Feature & Giveaway: #MurderTrending Read-A-Long
The discussion begins! We’re kicking things off this week by reading & discussing Chapters 1-12 of #MurderTrending by the queen of YA Horror, author Gretchen McNeil! Visit the link at the end of this post to learn how you can participate and enter to win some KILLER prizes!
#Murdertrending (MurderTrending, #1)by Gretchen McNeil
Published by: Freeform
on August 7, 2018
@doctorfusionbebop: Some 17 y. o. chick named Dee Guerrera was just sent to Alcatraz 2.0 for killing her stepsister. So, how long do you think she'll last?
@morrisdavis72195: I hope she meets justice! She'll get what's coming to her! BWAHAHA!
@EltonJohnForevzz: Me? I think Dee's innocent. And I hope she can survive.
WELCOME TO THE NEAR FUTURE, where good and honest citizens can enjoy watching the executions of society's most infamous convicted felons, streaming live on The Postman app from the suburbanized prison island Alcatraz 2.0.
When seventeen-year-old Dee Guerrera wakes up in a haze, lying on the ground of a dimly lit warehouse, she realizes she's about to be the next victim of the app. Knowing hardened criminals are getting a taste of their own medicine in this place is one thing, but Dee refuses to roll over and die for a heinous crime she didn't commit. Can Dee and her newly formed posse, the Death Row Breakfast Club, prove she's innocent before she ends up wrongfully murdered for the world to see? Or will The Postman's cast of executioners kill them off one by one?
TODAY’S QUESTION: What parts of the world of Alcatraz 2.0 did you find the most realistic: the political climate? The Barracks? Main Street? How did the contemporary realistic feel of this feature enhance or detract from the tension of Dee’s situation?
A few years back, I read a book called Nerve (you may also remember the movie!). It was terrifying because of how close to reality it is – #MurderTrending kicks that up 10x! All you have to do is spend a day on Twitter to know how easily we could fall into the world of Alcatraz 2.0. I could feel my heart pounding for Dee!
Your turn – Come answer on Instagram!
Grand Prize (1 Winner):
One lucky winner will win a grand prize gift pack which will include signed copies of #MurderTrending & #MurderFunding, a private Skype session with the author, a limited edition Popsocket, & an exclusive Gretchen McNeil swag pack!
Weekly Prizes (4 Winners):
- Limited Edition PopSocket
- A chance to have a character named after you in my next book. Your choice… do you want to be a victim or the killer?!
- Exclusive Gretchen McNeil Swag Pack
- Must subscribe to Gretchen’s newsletter.
- Must follow all of the lovely #Bookstagram pod member accounts on Instagram. ?
- Must verify entries via the Gleam entry form. If a person doesn’t submit their entry via this widget, they will be automatically disqualified.
- Must participate in discussion at least once by leaving a legit comment on a discussion post (has to relate directly to the discussion question–nothing spammy or generic).
- OPEN INTERNATIONALLY.
- 13+ years old or parental permission.
- Account must be public during the giveaway so we can verify followings.