Feature: Top 5 Beach Reads!
Top 5 Beach Reads!
For this list, I wanted to choose books that won’t stress the reader out. These should be easy-breezy, fun, cute, and quick contemporary reads that won’t generate too many emotions. They should just leave you happy and lighthearted!
*Note: In full disclosure, I am not an overly emotional reader. It takes A LOT to make tears well up in my eyes, let alone shed one or full-out bawl. So I apologize in advance if some of you find these not as easy to enjoy as I did!
They are as follows, in no particular order:
1) That Boy by Jillian Dodd – This is a self-published title that I read back in 2012 or 2013. It’s super adorable and even includes little drawings and doodles along the pages. You’ll have fun guessing which boy she is talking about, too! Hopefully your favorite is the same as mine.
2) The Hating Game by Sally Thorne – By far, my FAVORITE contemporary read in the last few years. It has everything I look for and love in a cute romance. I won’t even spoil any aspect of the story for you. Just read it.
3) Hopeless by Colleen Hoover – Again, another I first read back in 2012, but still a goodie. Now for some people, this one may seem not so light. But I truly didn’t catch a case of the feels. I just found it adorable with real-life aspects tossed in.
4) Amy & Roger’s Epic Detour by Morgan Matson – I don’t remember what made me love this so much. Probably the road tripping and unknown people to lovers aspect? All I know is that it is really cute!
5) Adorkable by Cookie O’Gorman – This might be self-published as well. But, I’m a sucker for the best friends to lovers trope and this one so fits the bill! Not to mention the addition of the nerd factor.