Giveaway, Blog Hop:
The Lux Series by Jennifer L. Armentrout
BookCrushin is ecstatic to be a part of this blog hop for one of our fave series of all time, The Lux Series. We are unabashed fans of J-Arm and when given the opportunity to discuss Opal and present a giveaway, we were sold. Rather than give you a review of Opal, at this point that’s been done, we decided to do a TOP TEN best moments/quotes from Opal (there will be spoilers!). Actually, we thought we’d let a fellow book blogger, Katy Swartz, of Katy’s Krazy Obsession do the honors of presenting her favorite moments from Opal. Yes, we just went super meta on this…..If you haven’t read the Lux series yet, what are you waiting for? Check out the other books in this series: Obsidian//Onyx// Shadows (prequel novella)//Origin//Opposition//Obsession (an Arum novel)
Category: Young Adult, Paranormal Romance
Publisher: Entangled Teen
After everything, I’m no longer the same Katy. I’m different… And I’m not sure what that will mean in the end. When each step we take in discovering the truth puts us in the path of the secret organization responsible for torturing and testing hybrids, the more I realize there is no end to what I’m capable of. The death of someone close still lingers, help comes from the most unlikely source, and friends will become the deadliest of enemies, but we won’t turn back. Even if the outcome will shatter our worlds forever.
Together we’re stronger… and they know it.
Top Ten Moments of Opal *SPOILERS*:
1) The reappearance of Dawson Black: We’ve waited two books for the mysterious Dawson to officially show up. After having read Shadows (the amazing Lux prequel) I was itching for the other Black twin to show up, and when he did he did not disappoint.
2) Daemon buys Katy a new MacBook Air (for blogging, natch): Smugness filled his expression. “You had no idea, did you?” “No, but that’s why you kept bringing up the blog stuff.” I smacked his chest playfully. “You Are…” He folded his arms under his head. “I’m what?” “Amazing.” I leaned forward, kissing him. “You’re amazing.” “That’s what I’ve been saying for years”.
3) Katy barrels into Daemon: Unprepared for my attack, he stumbled back a step. But then he laughed deeply against the top of my head and wrapped his arms around me. I held on, squeezing the hell out of his shoulders, and we were so tightly pressed against each other that I could feel his heart picking up as fast as mine. “Kitten he murmured. “you know how much I like it when you say hi this way.”
4) This hotness: The kiss was unexpected-deep and forceful. Stunned, I just stood there as he pulled back, nipping at my bottom lip. “Tasty, Kitten.”
5) The Dawson Beth reunion: They both moved as one, rushing forward, crossing the distance at the same moment. Their arms went around each other and Dawson lifted her up, burying his face in her neck. Words were traded, but their voices were thick with emotion, too low and too fast for my ears to track. They were holding onto each other in a way I knew they were never going to let go.
6) The introduction of Luc: “God, you’re like the pre-teen mafia,” I muttered. “Something like that.” He flashed a beatific smile.
7) This hotness: “Kitten…” “Hmm?” I fisted the covers. “Just making sure you’re still with me.” He kissed the side of my leg, right above my knee. “Don’t want you falling asleep or anything.” Like sleep was possible. Ever.
8) Almost Coitus Interuptus scene: Daemon spoke in his language. The lyrical quality of his words made no sense to me, but they were beautiful, like spoken music that the alien part of me danced to, “What did you say?’ I asked. He peered up through thick lashes, the foil package in his fist. “There’s really no translation for it,” he said, “but the closet human words would be, you are beautiful to me.”
9) The OMG they did it moment: The edges of his body started to glow, casting the room in a soft light. Heat rolled off his body. Daemon’s eyes snapped open and he sat up, pulling me into his lap. His eyes were no longer green, just orbs of pure light. My heart tripped over itself. A fire started in my stomach spreading through me like a wave of lava.
10) That cliffhanger ending….. “I love you, Katy. Always have. Always will,” he said, voice thick and hoarse with panic “I will come back for you, I will–”
Author Bio: Jennifer L. Armentrout
# 1 NEW YORK TIMES and USA TODAY Bestselling author Jennifer Armentrout lives in Martinsburg, West Virginia. All the rumors you’ve heard about her state aren’t true. When she’s not hard at work writing. she spends her time reading, working out, watching really bad zombie movies, pretending to write, and hanging out with her husband and her Jack Russell, Loki.
Her dreams of becoming an author started in algebra class, where she spent most of her time writing short stories….which explains her dismal grades in math. Jennifer writes young adult paranormal, science fiction, fantasy, and contemporary romance. She is published with Spencer Hill Press, Entangled Teen and Brazen, Disney/Hyperion and Harlequin Teen. She also writes adult and New Adult romance under the name J. Lynn. She is published by Entangled Brazen and HarperCollins.
Additional links to Jennifer’s pages:
Be sure to follow the rest of the blogs on the hop:
October 6th – Obsidian – http://bedroombookworms.com
October 7th – Onyx – http://bookbeauty411.blogspot.com/
October 9th – Origin – http://booksneedtlc.blogspot.com/
October 10th – Opposition – http://dbookheaven.blogspot.com/