Blog Tour, Feature & Giveaway: Sanctuary by Caryn Lix
Sanctuary by Caryn Nix is releasing next week and we are happy to be a part of the blog tour! For today’s feature we thought it would be fun to share a list of my favorite Sci-fi movies/shows for all your viewing pleasure to get you ready for this adventure! Be sure to enter the tour-wide giveaway!
Alien meets Alexandra Bracken’s The Darkest Minds in this thrilling debut novel about prison-guard-in-training, Kenzie, who is taken hostage by the superpowered criminal teens of the Sanctuary space station—only to have to band together with them when the station is attacked by mysterious creatures.
Kenzie holds one truth above all: the company is everything.
As a citizen of Omnistellar Concepts, the most powerful corporation in the solar sys-tem, Kenzie has trained her entire life for one goal: to become an elite guard on Sanctuary, Omnistellar’s space prison for superpowered teens too dangerous for Earth. As a junior guard, she’s excited to prove herself to her company—and that means sacrificing anything that won’t propel her forward.
But then a routine drill goes sideways and Kenzie is taken hostage by rioting pris-oners.
At first, she’s confident her commanding officer—who also happens to be her mother—will stop at nothing to secure her freedom. Yet it soon becomes clear that her mother is more concerned with sticking to Omnistellar protocol than she is with getting Kenzie out safely.
As Kenzie forms her own plan to escape, she doesn’t realize there’s a more sinister threat looming, something ancient and evil that has clawed its way into Sanctuary from the vacuum of space. And Kenzie might have to team up with her captors to survive—all while beginning to suspect there’s a darker side to the Omnistellar she knows
Kelly’s Favorite Space Sci-fi to Binge
Sci-fi is my favorite genre of all the things. Instead of giving a huge list of all the sci-fi I love, I am going to list my top 3 movies and TV shows. Also, if you didn’t know, my favorite space sci-fi book series is The Illuminae Files and if you haven’t read it yet, WHY?! If you agree or disagree with me let me know in the comments! Again, picking just 3 to highlight was really hard…but without further ado.
1. Star Wars (Original Trilogy) – I mean did you expect anything else to be my number one space sci-fi recommendation? Do you know me at all? Also highly recommend Rogue One as a must watch and I personally loved Episodes 7 & 8! Those pesky prequels I could live without, but as an adult who has been in this for a long time, can appreciate how those movies turned a whole new generation into SW fans.
2. 2001: A Space Odyssey – This movie really set the scene for all sci-fi, really this should be the number 1, the epitome of the genre. Produced and directed by Stanley Kubrik and he also co-wrote the screenplay with Authur C. Clark.
3. Alien & Aliens – These movies scared the crap out of me and I still find them to be some of the best alien depictions ever in cinema.
1. Battlestar Gallatica – Hands down my favorite space sci-fi tv show. It was dark, gritty, and just binge worthy. It just sucks you in and you can’t stop watching. Sure the last season has fueled many late night geeky & heated discussions with fans, but it still was solid TV.
2. Firefly – How the hell did FOX eff this show up so badly? Aired episodes out of order, and then cancelled it…little did they know it would become a massive fandom and phenomenon.
3. Star Trek – I know for many fans it is hard to even compare this show or it’s many revivals to any other sci-fi on tv, but it is still great TV no matter what season, what frontier you are watching.
Author Bio: Caryn Lix
Caryn Lix has been writing since she was a teenager and delved deep into science fiction, fantasy, and the uncanny while working on her Masters in English literature. Caryn writes novels for teens and anyone else who likes a bit of the bizarre to mess up their day. When not writing, Caryn spends her time obsessively consuming other people’s stories, plotting travel adventures, and exploring artistic endeavors. She lives with her husband and a horde of surly and entitled animals in southern Alberta.
Enter for a chance to win a copy of Sanctuary by Caryn Lix (US Only)