Blog Tour & Feature: My Plain Jane by Cynthia Hand, Jodi Meadows, & Brodi Ashton
Did someone say GHOSTS? Before we call the Winchesters and Scooby gang, we wanted to give our dear readers and aspiring members of the Royal Society for the Relocation of Wayward Spirts the opportunity to polish their iron and their ghost hunting skills in honor o My Plain Jane. Check out our tips below and the giveaway – and for those of you who have already grabbed your copy, check out the special giveaway at the end!
Category: Young Adult; Retellings; Paranormal; Historical
Publication: June 26th, 2018; HarperTeen
Purchase: Target Special Edition, Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Books-A-Million, IndieBound, Book Depository
Move over, Charlotte Brontë. The authors of the New York Times bestselling My Lady Jane are back with an irreverent spin on Jane Eyre—a tale of mischief, romance, and supernatural mayhem perfect for fans of The Princess Bride or A Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Virtue.
You may think you know the story. Penniless orphan Jane Eyre begins a new life as a governess at Thornfield Hall, where she meets one dark, brooding Mr. Rochester—and, Reader, she marries him. Or does she?
Prepare for an adventure of Gothic proportions in this stand-alone follow-up to My Lady Jane, which was called “an utter delight” (ALA Booklist, starred review), and “an uproarious historical fantasy that’s not to be missed” (Publishers Weekly, starred review).
Supernatural Meets Jane Eyre –
Tips for the Aspiring Ghost Hunter
As big Supernatural fans, we are adept ghost hunters ready to take on Violent Spirits, Death Omens, Death Echoes, Poltergeists, Vengeful Spirits, Buruburus, Revenants, Woman in White, Specters, and Mylings. So to get you ready for some ghostly adventures in My Plain Jane, we are here to give you a few tips to get ready for the hunt!
1. Get your gear in check. Load up that gear bag or trunk with some salt rounds, an iron crowbar, an EMF reader, and your favorite kind of matches (if you bring a lighter, you’ll be going through many as you burn the bones so stick with the less wasteful route) so you can salt and burn the bones to put them to rest.
2. Leave the jacket at home & get over that fear of slime. A ghostly presence will take any room from cozy to frigid quickly so if you want a head’s up, leave the outerwear for those Vancouver outings. Also, if you’re queasy over weird substances, this is probably not the profession for you. Ectoplasm is pretty dang gross.
3. Hoard no more. Sometimes a ghost latches onto something corporeal and it could take you a bit to figure out what it is. Be ready to salt and burn anything that could be their anchor.
4. Investigate, investigate, investigate. Ghosts don’t hang around for no reason – they got afterlife things to do – so figure out what’s keeping them earthbound. Local newspapers (check out your library for some old films!) and the internet will be your best friend in the investigation process as the local PD will probably be less than cooperative. Bonus – get a nice suit and fake FBI badge to look the part.
5. When in doubt, assume the husband did it. Lovers scorned have their own category of ghosts – the Women in White – and as far as vengeful spirits go, they’re not to be messed with. Track down the source of their angst and get them their revenge or restitution stat!
Win a signed copy of My Plain Jane by Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton and Jodi Meadows. Open US only.
Photo Challenge & Giveaway!
Share a photo or selfie with your copy of My Plain Jane and you could win a custom designed book sleeve, made by Second Hand Pages, a custom Jane Eyre candle from Canterbury Road Co, Jane Eyre (Barnes and Noble Collectible Edition), the Blu-Ray DVD of Jane Eyre, and a My Plain Jane Bookmark! For the photo, you can use your copy, a friends or one from the library. Use the hashtag #MyPlainJaneGiveaway to enter. Open to US only. Ends Sunday, July 8th.
Author Bio: Brodi Ashton, Cynthia Hand, & Jodi Meadows
We’re the authors of the young adult novels, MY LADY JANE, and MY PLAIN JANE, which is coming in June 2018. Our group is made up of Brodi Ashton (New York Times bestselling author of the EVERNEATH series and DIPLOMATIC IMMUNITY), Cynthia Hand (New York Times bestselling author of the UNEARTHLY series, THE LAST TIME WE SAY GOODBYE, THE AFTERLIFE OF HOLLY CHASE, and THE HOW AND THE WHY), and Jodi Meadows (New York Times bestselling author of the INCARNATE trilogy, the ORPHAN QUEEN duology, and the FALLEN ISLES trilogy). Between the three of us we’ve written nineteen novels, a bunch of novellas, a handful of short stories, and a couple of really bad poems, but we have the most fun working on our books together. We’re friends. We’re writers. We’re fixing history by rewriting one sad story at a time.
June 25 – The YA Book Traveler – Trailer & Review
June 26 – Alexa Loves Books – Gift Guide
June 27 – YA Wednesdays – Jane’s Playlist
June 28 – Novel Novice – Styled by Books
June 29 – Tales of the Ravenous Reader – Famous Janes
June 30 – A Backwards Story – Leaking Top Secret Dossier Files of Current (Royal) Society for the Relocation of Wayward Spirits Members
July 2 – Bookcrushin – Supernatural Meets Jane Eyre – Tips for the Reluctant Ghost Hunter YOU ARE HERE!
July 3 – The Reader and the Chef – Guide to eating á la My Plain Jane (Bookish Menu) + Bookstagram Post
July 4 – The Clever Reader – Launch Event Recap
July 5 – Booknerd Addict – Review + Bookstagram Post
July 6 – Lair of Books – Review
July 7 – Mary Had a Little Book Blog – Famous ghosts & ghost hunters