Blog Tour & Giveaway:
The Body Institute by Carol Riggs
BookCrushin is happy to be a part of the blog tour for The Body Institute by Carol Riggs! In today’s post you will find all the book information, an interview with Carol Riggs and a tour-wide giveaway! I am always looking for a good YA sci-fi book and boy do I wish someone else would do my dieting for me! Be sure to enter the giveaway and pick up this new release!
Meet Morgan Dey, one of the top teen Reducers at The Body Institute.
Thanks to cutting-edge technology, Morgan can temporarily take over another girl’s body, get her in shape, and then return to her own body—leaving her client slimmer, more toned, and feeling great. Only there are a few catches…
For one, Morgan won’t remember what happens in her “Loaner” body. Once she’s done, she won’t recall walks with her new friend Matt, conversations with the super-cute Reducer she’s been text-flirting with, or the uneasy feeling she has that the director of The Body Institute is hiding something. Still, it’s all worth it in the name of science. Until the glitches start…
Suddenly, residual memories from her Loaner are cropping up in Morgan’s mind. She’s feeling less like herself and more like someone else. And when protests from an anti–Body Institute organization threaten her safety, she’ll have to decide if being a Reducer is worth the cost of her body and soul…
Here’s a quick get-to-know interview with Carol Riggs, the author of THE BODY INSTITUTE. Some of these are serious things, some are obviously frilly-silly.
- Twitter or Facebook? Twitter
- Favorite TV show? Fringe…or maybe Dollhouse…or Firefly
- Sweet or salty? Salty (hand me my chips!)
- Coke or Pepsi? Ugh, neither. Bubbles bug me.
- Favorite superhero? Batman, man.
- Favorite movie? Star Wars
- Song you can’t get out of your head right now? “Elastic Heart” by Sia
- What are you afraid of? Swimming when my feet can’t touch bottom
- Favorite movie-to-book adaptation? Harry Potter
- Favorite book? Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury
- Favorite YA author? Maggie Stiefvater (Lament, Ballad)
- What’s on your to-read list right now? Persuasion by Martina Boone
- Most unique hobby? I collect dragons
- Superpower of choice? Flying
- Mountains or the beach? The beach
- Your novel in 5 words? Losing weight FOR other people.
Author Bio: Carol Riggs
I’m a YA writer represented by Kelly Sonnack of Andrea Brown Literary. My sci-fi novel THE BODY INSTITUTE explores the themes of society, identity, and body image. I live in the beautiful, green state of Oregon and have a Studio Arts degree; I’m an SCBWI member.
You’ll usually find me in my writing cave, surrounded by my dragon collection and the characters in my head. I also enjoy reading–mostly young adult novels–as well as drawing, painting, and quilting. I also attend writing conferences, walk with my husband, and enjoy music and dance of all kinds.
Book Tour Organized by: