Blog Tour & Top 10 List: The Library of Lost Things by Laura Taylor Namey
The Library of Lost Things by Laura Taylor Namey released this week and we are delighted to be a part of this blog tour and bring you a Top 10 List from the author! Check it out below!
The Library of Lost Thingsby Laura Taylor Namey
Published by: Inkyard Press
on October 8, 2019
Genres: Young Adult, Contemporary
Amazon, IndieBound, Audiobook through LibroFM, Barnes & Noble, iTunes
From the moment she first learned to read, literary genius Darcy Wells has spent most of her time living in the worlds of her books. There, she can avoid the crushing reality of her mother’s hoarding and pretend her life is simply ordinary. But when a new property manager becomes more active in the upkeep of their apartment complex, the only home Darcy has ever known outside of her books suddenly hangs in the balance.
While Darcy is struggling to survive beneath the weight of her mother’s compulsive shopping, Asher Fleet, a former teen pilot with an unexpectedly shattered future, walks into the bookstore where she works…and straight into her heart. For the first time in her life, Darcy can’t seem to find the right words. Fairy tales are one thing, but real love makes her want to hide inside her carefully constructed ink-and-paper bomb shelter.
Still, after spending her whole life keeping people out, something about Asher makes Darcy want to open up. But securing her own happily-ever-after will mean she’ll need to stop hiding and start living her own truth—even if it’s messy.
Top 10 Items You Value Most
Most of all, I value my family and friends but I’d love to share a few of my treasures. – Laura Taylor Namey
1. A buttery-soft black leather jacket gifted to me by my husband
2. My black Yamaha piano
3. A log cabin lap quilt made by my mother from all of the fabrics from items she’d sewed for my when I was little
4. An heirloom Russian Chinoiserie vase that followed my grandmother and great aunt on the boat from Germany to America
5. A tree painting by my favorite artist, Tim Cantor
6. An oversized watch I pirated from my husband
7. A gray wool shawl I throw over everything in winter, especially when I’m drafting a new book!
8. An Art-Deco bird lamp heirloom from my aunt
9. The daintiest gold and diamond bezel necklace I rarely take off
10. The first hardcover author copy I was sent of The Library of Lost Things