BookCrushin’s Deck the Shelves Giveaway: Most Anticipated Reads of 2018
Welcome to our 6th Annual Deck The Shelves Giveaway – Most Anticipated Reads of 2018! At the end of each year we do few year end posts and we combine that with giveaways to our readers to help them Deck the Shelves! Kelli & I will be sharing our Most Anticipated Reads of 2018! These can be either YA or NA and must at least have a publication date of 2018 (at the time of this posting). I will provide links out to Goodreads & Amazon, when available, for each title!
Be sure to enter the giveaway at the bottom of the page, the only requirement is leaving a blog post comment, telling us what your MOST ANTICIPATED READ for 2018 is, and/or chatting about our picks!
Check out our Best Reads of 2017 selections, which may explain some of our anticipated reads, or just for another chance to win and Deck the Shelves!
2018 is going to be a kick-ass year for publishing! I can feel it in my bones! I can’t wait to discover even more books than the ones we are highlighting here. Of course a lot of the 2nd half of 2018 books we just don’t even know about yet…and I am sure we will keep you posting with our weekly Books On Our Radar posts that highlight future releases that we are totally interested in reading! Since I had the honor of reading Kelli’s list ahead of time, I decided not to repeat any of the books she’s looking forward to, and pretty much all of those are already on my list! But now we can shout about even more 2018 releases! For my longer list check out my goodreads 2018 shelf! In no particular order cause I am just damn excited for all the books!
1. Rage (Stormheart #2) by Cora Carmack – So it is no surprise the sequel to one of my Top 5 Fantasy Reads is on my Most Anticipated list! Roar ended on a cliffhanger and I am just out here hanging on for dear life. There isn’t an exact release date at this time as the author has been sick, and I wish her all the best, and I will be here with bells on when the time comes! Goodreads * Amazon
2. On the Come Up by Angie Thomas – How excited am I for more words from Angie Thomas?! Her second novel is about an aspiring rapper from Garden Heights who is unprepared for the success she finds. Can’t wait! Goodreads * Amazon
3. Obsidio (The Illuminae Files #3) by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff – THE FINAL BOOK in the Illuminae trilogy! This book has been on my to read shelf since May of 2016! We will finally be able to get our hands on it this March! I know I’m going to have way too many feels. Goodreads * Amazon
4. Restore Me (Shatter Me #4) by Tahereh Mafi – When it was announced earlier this year that 3 more books in the Shatter Me series was coming, I may have fainted. I had always thought this series needed to continue. It just didn’t feel like the end after Ignite Me, so I am eagerly awaiting to see what is in store for this continuation! Goodreads * Amazon
5. Starlight Nights (738 Days #2) by Stacey Kade – I loved 738 Days and I love that we are getting another story from this world, different characters and can be read without reading the first, but I highly recommend, if you like new adult, complicated yet well developed characters and sweet yet sexy romance. The answer should be YES! Goodreads * Amazon
6. My Plain Jane (The Lady Janies #2) by Brodi Ashton, Cynthia Hand, & Jodi Meadows – My Lady Jane was just so funny and such a pleasant surprise. So when I found out the authors were doing another book, this one about Jane Eyre. I knew I would get in on the fun ASAP this time! Goodreads * Amazon
7. Let’s Talk About Love by Claire Kann – Seriously, I want all the queer YA…ALL OF IT! Probably could have made an entire list of just queer ya! I am so excited for this one as the main character’s girlfriend breaks up with her, just after coming out as asexual. She then struggles to find a balance between companionship and the unexpected feelings she develops for a co-worker! Goodreads * Amazon
9. From Twinkle, with Love by Sandhya Menon – I adored WDMR, and I just loved Sandhya’s writing style. I really am trying to read more and more contemporary and I will not miss this one! Goodreads * Amazon
10. A Reaper at the Gates (Ember Quartet #3) by Sabaa Tahir – Do I even need a reason? I am huge fan of this series and of Sabaa! I absolutely can not wait, except I have 5 more months to go… Goodreads * Amazon
11. White Rabbit by Caleb Roehrig – Thrillers are all the rage, and I wasn’t the biggest fan of the genre before, but Caleb’s debut, Last Seen Leaving, made me a fan for life! I can’t wait to devour this murder mystery! Goodreads * Amazon
1. Catwoman Soulstealer by Sarah J. Maas – Uh, duh. It’s CatWoman and Sarah Maas, need I say more? I’ve loved the installments in the DC Icons series so far, and this is the one I’ve wanted since the initial announcement. I cannot wait to see how Maas flips this one! Goodreads * Amazon
2. A Court of Frost and Starlight (A Court of Thorns and Roses #3.5) by Sarah J. Maas – I’m an ACOTAR fangirl, and even though ACOWAR wasn’t all I had hoped, I do think Maas can still do the series justice. I love the idea of winter and setting up the spinoffs. Goodreads * Amazon
5. Ace of Shades by Amanda Foody – Well, damn. Casinos, cons, gangs…sounds like a blast! And something entirely new being brought to the YA genre! I loved Foody’s debut and this one sounds 100 times better. Goodreads * Amazon
7. Hero at the Fall (Rebel of the Sands #3) by Alwyn Hamilton – This has become one of my favorite series of the last few years. I don’t think it’s as popular as it deserves to be. I’m looking forward to seeing what’s next for Amani and her crew. Goodreads * Amazon
8. Legendary (Caraval #2) by Stephanie Garber – I loved Caraval, and can’t wait to see what’s in store next for Tella. We didn’t get to know her at all, so I’m curious as to how different she’ll be from Scarlett. And just what her bargain is… Goodreads * Amazon
9. Pacifica by Kristen Simmons – Kristen is so underrated as an author. I have enjoyed all of her books and now, PIRATES. A GIRL PIRATE. I’m hoping this will be one I can really get into! Goodreads * Amazon
10. The Continent by Keira Drake – Despite all the past controversy, I’m interested to see the NEW version. I know many changes were made, and the story was always one that intrigued me. Goodreads * Amazon
A Maggie Stiefvater inspired prize bundle! Including a finished copy of All the Crooked Saints with the exclusive Maggie designed signed bookplate, a Ronan Lynch print from Society6, The Raven Cycle stickers from RedBubble & NerdyGirl Designs, and some other random swag!
All contests are open internationally, all entries will be verified, and no giveaway/spam accounts will be chosen. All 3 contests will end on 1/5/2018 at Midnight EST, and a winner will be drawn by 1/10/18. There will be 1 winner! <3
*Must be at least 13 years old to enter; I am not liable for lost, stolen, or damaged packages; I will provide shipping tracking if available; All entries will be verified, any cheating or not following through will disqualify all entries; If you are on my giveaway shitlist you will not win (aka follows and then unfollows); I reserve the right to suspend or end the giveaway at any time, for any reason – this is my time and my money being used; No other platform, twitter, instagram, facebook, authors, or publishers, etc are responsible for this giveaway, only me; I am not liable for anything, and in no way is this giveaway for anything other than fun and spreading book cheer; Winner will be contacted by the method given to me by rafflecopter, as well as on social media if necessary, and has 120 hours to get back to me, or I may choose a new winner.