What do you get when you cross a hormonal, eternally undead teenager w/ weird superpowers and a cast that includes a vampiric goldfish and a seriously hot vampire hunter? The plot for the upcoming Fang Girl the first novel from Helen Keeble. The new YA book, which is being described as a vampire comedy, is set for a September 11, 2012 release. You can be sure that we will be checking this one out as soon as it hits the shelves. Read the description from Goodreads below:
Things That Are Destroying Jane Greene’s Undead Social Life Before It Can Even Begin:
1) A twelve-year-old brother who’s convinced she’s a zombie.
2) Parents who are begging her to turn them into vampires.
3) The pet goldfish she accidentally turns instead.
4) Weird superpowers that let her rip the heads off of every other vampire she meets.(Sounds cool, but it doesn’t win you many friends.)
5) A pyschotic vampire creator who’s using her to carry out a plan for world domination.
6) A seriously ripped vampire hunter who either wants to stake her or make out with her. Not sure which.
Being an undead, eternally pasty fifteen-year-old isn’t quite the sexy, brooding, angst-fest Jane always imagined….