Feature: A Brooding YA Hero’s Mixtape
Today, I present to all you Main Characters, A Brooding YA Hero’s Mixtape! This is part of the Broody BFFs Street Team inspired by the novel by Carrie DiRisio! But it is also super fun to make a mixtape for all the Brooding YA Heroes & Main Characters out there! If you haven’t heard, the twitter sensation the Brooding YA Hero, is now going to be a book! Brooding YA Hero: Becoming a Main Character (Almost) as Awesome as Me by Carrie Ann DiRisio so add it to your TBR or preorder it now!
Of course this playlist is truly a mix of songs that I like, and that inspire me to think about all the Broody’s in books and all the Main Characters who love them! Tell me in the comments of a song that makes you think of an especially brooding YA hero!
- Lonesome Street – Blur
- Boys Don’t Cry – The Cure
- Heart in Your Heartbreak – The Pains of Being Pure at Heart
- Get Me Away from Here, I’m Dying – Belle & Sebastian
- Tinfoil – Rainer Maria
- I’m a Loner Dottie, a Rebel – The Get Up Kids
- Why Did Ever We Meet – The Promise Ring
- Save Your Generation – Jawbreaker
- The Heart is a Lonely Hunter – The Anniversary
- Young Adult Friction – The Pains of Being Pure at Heart
- Where Did All the Love Go? – Kasabian
- Sweet Avenue – Jets to Brazil
- You! Me! Dancing! – Los Campesinos