Feature & Giveaway: 5 Reasons to Read Shine by Jessica Jung
Shine by Jessica Jung releases tomorrow and we wanted to be sure you knew our 5 Reasons to Read!! This K-Pop infused story is sure to entertain K-pop fans as well as the average YA contemporary reader especially with a tag-line like “All’s fair in love & K-pop…” I mean who better to write a K-pop story than the most famous singer in the genre!
Shineby Jessica Jung
Published by: Simon Pulse
on September 29, 2020
Genres: Young Adult, Contemporary
Crazy Rich Asians meets Gossip Girl by way of Jenny Han in this knock-out debut about a Korean American teen who is thrust into the competitive, technicolor world of K-pop, from Jessica Jung, K-pop legend and former lead singer of one of the most influential K-pop girl groups of all time, Girls Generation.
What would you give for a chance to live your dreams?
For seventeen-year-old Korean American Rachel Kim, the answer is almost everything. Six years ago, she was recruited by DB Entertainment—one of Seoul’s largest K-pop labels, known for churning out some of the world’s most popular stars. The rules are simple: Train 24/7. Be perfect. Don’t date. Easy right?
Not so much. As the dark scandals of an industry bent on controlling and commodifying beautiful girls begin to bubble up, Rachel wonders if she’s strong enough to be a winner, or if she’ll end up crushed… Especially when she begins to develop feelings for K-pop star and DB golden boy Jason Lee. It’s not just that he’s charming, sexy, and ridiculously talented. He’s also the first person who really understands how badly she wants her star to rise.
Get ready as Jessica Jung, K-pop legend and former lead singer of Korea’s most famous girl group, Girls Generation, takes us inside the luxe, hyper-color world of K-pop, where the stakes are high, but for one girl, the cost of success—and love—might be even higher. It’s time for the world to see: this is what it takes to SHINE.
5 Reasons to Read Shine by Jessica Jung
- K-Pop competition story from former real-life trainee turned lead singer of one of the most influential K-pop girl groups, Girls Generation, Jessica Jung! Jessica said in an interview with Time that it is up to the reader to determine what parts are real and which are fiction!
- We get to see the extremely glamorous, yet also cutthroat world stardom.
- All the tropes and all the wish fulfillment are within these pages and enough drama for the daytime TV stage!
- An genuine insider look at the K-pop industry including the enchanting experiences as well as the toxicity of image, misogyny, and social media.
- Read it now before the story appears on the BIG screen – adaptation already in the works!
Win this or any new release featured in September. Open international so long as Book Depository ships to you!a Rafflecopter giveaway