Feature: 5 Reasons Why I’m Excited for Gold Wings Rising by Alex London
Gold Wings Rising by Alex London is releasing tomorrow and it’s the final book in an epic, gay, falconry fantasy! I really enjoyed this series so far and I am going to share with you all 5 spoiler-free reasons why I am excited for Gold Wings Rising release tomorrow!
Also there is a giveaway sponsored by Fierce Reads for a paperback copy of book 1, Black Wings Beating on my instagram – embedded below!
Gold Wings Rising (Skybound, #3)by Alex London
on September 1, 2020
Genres: Young Adult, Fantasy, GLBTQIA+
In the final installment of this LGBTQ fantasy series, Kylee and Brysen must fight for their lives and their humanity. Book 1 was a Today Show Book Club Pick!
The war on the ground has ended, but the war with the sky has just begun. After the Siege of the Six Villages, the ghost eagles have trapped Uztaris on both sides of the conflict. The villagers and Kartami alike hide in caves, huddled in terror as they await nightly attacks. Kylee aims to plunge her arrows into each and every ghost eagle; in her mind, killing the birds is the only way to unshackle the city’s chains. But Brysen has other plans.
While the humans fly familiar circles around each other, the ghost eagles create schemes far greater and more terrible than either Kylee or Brysen could have imagined. In the final installment of the Skybound Saga, the tug-of-war between love and power begins to fray, threatening bonds of siblinghood and humanity alike.
5 Reasons Why I’m Excited for Gold Wings Rising
- Did I mention epic falconry fantasy? Birds of prey are valued, trained, and feared as well as worshiped.
- Fantasy world where homophobia doesn’t exist – there are other issues like classism, religious strife, and political strife.
- Actually all of the worldbuilding is so deep and vivid and has layers upon layers that peel back and you just think WOW.
- Flawed characters that don’t do the right things half the time but somehow you are routing for them the whole time.
- Endings literally leave you dangling on a cliff (some of us love and some of us loathe cliffhangers) and reading the trilogy all at once sounds way better than waiting a year on those cliffs!
Enter to win a paperback of Black Wings Beating to get you started on this trilogy on the instagram post below!