2015 Blog Goals, Resolutions & a Giveaway!
Kelly’s Bookish Goals & Resolutions
I had grand ideas for 2014 and this blog…however things didn’t go as planned. I read the least amount of books in 2014, than I have in the past 4 years. So this year I thought I would write my resolutions down and try to hold ourselves accountable! Oh & sorry this post is like in the middle of January instead of on New Year but sometimes you forget a posts sitting in drafts! Mainly because the damn formatting won’t work well once I add a second reading challenge widget. So sorry that the formatting is wonky! But SIGNED BOOK GIVEAWAY!
• Goodreads Reading Challenge – 85 books – My largest challenge number yet, and I already have doubts but I HAVE TO READ MORE. I get so disappointed when I don’t get to read all the books I wanted to read.
• PopSugar Reading Challenge – I love these 50 ideas, I know I won’t get to half of them unless I use the same book to check off multiple categories but I still think this would be a fun motivator. There are lots of Reading Challenges out there to help motivate your reading – I also found this cool one by MordernMrsDarcy!
• Read books I already own & stop buying so many that sit on the Kindle or bookshelf.
• Review more books even if they are short reviews. Get off social media and read more – gotta hustle to met my goals. Clean up my Goodreads shelves & my “real” bookshelves.
• Finish a few Series that I left behind for no real reason.
• Create more original content to keep all you readers happy!
Shannon’s Bookish Goals & Resolutions
2014 was a tough year for me personally. I lost my Dad then my dog all within 2 months. Because of this I spent a lot of time grieving and neglecting the things that make me happy. In 2015, I vow to spend time getting back to doing things that I really love, starting with reading! Most of my resolutions mirror Kelly’s so there is a lot of overlap but it’s all good things. I hope we continue to encourage each other and all of you to keep turning those pages and contributing to this amazing community of bloggers, readers and authors.
• Goodreads Reading Challenge – 60 books – My challenge is not as lofty as Kelly’s but since I only read 45 books last year, I think it is a noble challenge! I hope to surpass it!
• Make a point to read the books I want to read, I’d like to devote as much time to blog related books as to those books that are on my to read list.
• Finish up reading the numerous hard cover books I have on my shelves. Since I made the switch to e-books I have neglected to finish up the hard covers I own. I want to read at least 5 of the hard cover books on my shelf.
• Review more books! (No brainer here)
• Try to expand my horizons and read as many new authors as possible.
• Clean up my Goodreads shelves (I’ve actually already started this and deleted over 100 books off my shelves, many were a what was I thinking type situation, I think it’s good to do this at the beginning of the year, everyone’s tastes change).
• Go back and finish numerous series I’ve started but haven’t finished (The Mortal Instruments, Mara Dyer, and Under the Never Sky to name a few). I made a list last year that had about 12 series on it, I started this and managed to finish 3 on that list, so my big plan is to wrap up at least half of that list).
• Go back and get some of our memes going again such as Character Crush, Mixtape, and Author Spotlight.
Tell us your bookish resolutions (or a non-bookish one) in the comments below for a chance to win a Signed copy of Don’t Look Back by Jennifer L. Armentrout! Bonus entry if you follow our blog by bloglovin or email – just mention that you did in the comments!
Winner will be drawn by random from the comments (bonus entries will be given an extra chance to win) on Jan. 31st, 2015 & is open INTL with the option to pay for shipping – sorry it’s just too expensive to cover on our own 🙁
edit — Giveaway is closed. Winner was chosen by random.org. Clare R. was comment #24 out of the 45 possible entries!