Blog Tour: Anna and the Apocalypse by Katharine Turner with Barry Waldo
Anna and the Apocalypse by Katherine Turner and Barry Waldo was released this week and it is a novelization of a soon to be released movie! Check out the movie trailer here! We are thrilled to be a part of the blog tour today and we are sharing a bunch of holiday and musical episodes of our favorite shows to get you in the musical/holiday spirit! Check out the book information and the official movie trailer below!
Anna and the Apocalypseby Katharine Turner, Barry Waldo
Published by: Imprint
on October 23, 2018
Genres: Young Adult, Paranormal
School's out for the end of the world.
Anna and the Apocalypse is a horror comedy about a teenager who faces down a zombie apocalypse with a little help from her friends.
Anna Shepherd is a straight-A student with a lot going on under the surface: she's struggling with her mom's death, total friend drama, and the fallout from wasting her time on a very attractive boy. She's looking forward to skipping town after graduation--but then a zombie apocalypse majorly disrupts the holidays season. It's going to be very hard to graduate high school without a brain.
To save the day, Anna, her friends, and her frenemies will have to journey straight to the heart of one of the most dangerous places ever known, a place famous for its horror, terror, and pain...high school.
This novel is inspired by the musical feature film, Anna and the Apocalypse.
Top 10 Musical or Holiday Episodes of Our Favorite TV Shows
- Supernatural – Season 3 Episode 8, “A Very Supernatural Christmas” https://youtu.be/0VC3KP4EUsU – Christy admits to having watched this episode ‘more times than I can count.’
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer – S6 E7, “Once More, with Feeling” https://youtu.be/FmLSjwam26E – This musical episode absolutely slayed, and all other musical episodes of TV followed suit.
- 30 Rock – S6 E6, “Christmas Special” https://youtu.be/XBkXB9wEiWg – I am a huge 30 Rock fan, and this episode just has some real feels and of course laughs!
- Bob’s Burgers – S8 E6 & 7, “The Bleakening Parts 1 and 2” https://youtu.be/Ea78iB_gvsk – This episode is both a holiday and a musical oh yeah – DOUBLE TROUBLE! You can count of Bob’s Burgers to have epic episodes for most holidays and those tend to be my favorites of the season.
- Scrubs – S6 E6, “My Musical” https://youtu.be/or2TeUssI8k – I literally sing parts of this episode all the time, like Guy Love, or the Poo song. I mean I know I am weird but sometimes TV validates me.
- Black Mirror – E7, “White Christmas” https://youtu.be/6NtWY6kmacs – Really all I have to say is it’s Black Mirror and Jon Hamm…both are just perfection.
- Lost -S4 E5 “The Constant” https://youtu.be/iUaHMOWRYpI – This episode was probably the best episode of the entire show.
- The X-Files – S6 E6, “How the Ghost Stole Christmas” https://youtu.be/AxMHa-HX8hY – Ghost hauntings every Christmas Eve, yes please.
- It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia – S4 E13, “The Nightman Cometh” https://youtu.be/76IgTbz0v1M – This musical episode of Sunny is so sad yet makes me cackle and fall over with laughter. This show is crass but for some people like me, relatable. lol.
- Riverdale – S2 E18, “Chapter Thirty-One: A Night to Remember” https://youtu.be/9QGqrkjTv9k – Betty playing the innocent Carrie for the school musical production was the highlight of this season.
What are you favorite TV musicals or holiday episodes?