Book Rewind Review: Batman: Nightwalker by Marie Lu
As a long time DC and Marie Lu reader, having her write Batman was like a dream come true. Having the DC universe built out to include teen Bruce Wayne (much like what Gotham tried to do) serves to give us more insight into how Bruce became Batman. Marie does a masterful job of showing us the early detective skills and I am so excited they’re turning the book into a graphic novel later this year (petition to turn all of Marie’s books into graphic novels – how amazing would Adelina be in graphic form?!). Check out a few of my favorite moments below and pick this up from your backlist if you haven’t!
This book is packed with giggles and callbacks to favorite Batman moments and characters but here are a few of my favorite moments:
1. Young Harvey. Can we get a graphic novel?
2. Watching Bruce become Bruce. Seeing him develop his detective skills.
3. Morally gray Bruce. Of course!
4. Alfred + Bruce bond. Aw.
5. Not rehashing the dead parents. It was like reading Chip’s version of Spidey.
6. The fact that Marie has mastered the succinct novel.
7. The cape! The silent sentinel!
8. The hoodie under the blazer. Teen Christy would have been head over heels for baby Bruce.